Sonic Unyon is pleased to unveil the 2016 season of the popular City of Hamilton-presented Seven Sundays in Gage Park concerts. This free annual music concert series, now in its fourth season, takes place Sunday evenings from July 24 through September 4 at George R. Robinson Bandshell in spacious and scenic Gage Park.
The Seven Sundays series offers an evening of family-friendly fun and entertainment. Evenings start with dinner service from a selection of visiting food trucks, before moving on to musical performances in the band shell — and, in select cases, closing with an outdoor movie screening on a giant inflatable screen.
• Sunday, July 24, the bandshell gets brassy as The Silver Swing Big Band returns with openers The George Arnone Big Band
• Sunday, July 31, the classical academy ensemble Spleit Strings Orchestra will showcase students’ skills in a passionate and moving performance.
• Sunday, August 7, introspective indie rockers Basement Revolver will perform with shoegazey openers GREY\\WATER. The evening will wrap with a screening of animated feature Minions.
• Sunday, August 14, smoky-voiced singer Laura Cole will perform with guests. The night will close with a screening of uplifting tearjerker Miracles from Heaven.
• Sunday, August 21, the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra will perform with special guests., followed by a screening of comic romp My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.
• Sunday, August 28, space/surf rock squad The Astro Men will perform with guest Ethan Paxton. The night will close with snappy CGI feature The Angry Birds Movie.
• Sunday, Sept 4, Dan Edmonds will perform with openers Coszmos Quartette
As in previous seasons, a revolving selection of our favourite food trucks will be joining us for Seven Sundays, making it a perfect evening for dinner, music, and an awesome movie. Food vendors will be set up and ready to serve by 6:00pm. Confirmed food vendors include Kool Jim’s Ice Cream Truck, MeatVentures Meatwagon, Rudy's Paletas, Taco Queso and Urban Express.
Music runs roughly 7:00pm-9:00pm. All film screenings are set to begin as soon as it is dark enough (usually 8:30-9:00pm, weather permitting).
As always, bring a blanket, a chair… maybe even a ball to kick about. See you Sunday!