Seven Sundays Announces 2017 Season
Sonic Unyon is pleased to unveil the 2017 season of the popular City of Hamilton-presented Seven Sundays in Gage Park concerts. This free annual music concert series, now in its fifth season, takes place on select Sunday evenings from July 9 through September 3 at George R. Robinson Bandshell in spacious and scenic Gage Park.
The Seven Sundays series offers an evening of family-friendly fun and entertainment. Evenings start with dinner service from a selection of visiting food trucks, before moving on to musical performances in the band shell — and, in August & September, closing with an outdoor movie screening on a giant inflatable screen.
• Sunday, July 9, Hamilton’s Bucket List Band, a genre-busting eight-piece horn band, fills the air with original & covers that span blues, roots, R&B and rock
• Sunday, July 16, the sounds of the Hamilton Children's Choir — and returning alumni — light up the bandshell
• Sunday, July 30, the classical academy ensemble Spleit Strings Studio Orchestra will showcase students’ skills in a passionate and moving performance.
• Sunday, August 20, members of the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra will perform, followed by a movie screening
• Sunday, August 27, the bandshell gets brassy as The Silver Swing Big Band returns with openers The George Arnone Big Band, followed by a movie screening
• Sunday, Sept 3 performers will be announced shortly. The evening will conclude with a movie screening
As in previous seasons, a revolving selection of our favourite food trucks will be joining us for Seven Sundays, making it a perfect evening for dinner and music (and sometimes an awesome movie). Food vendors will be set up and ready to serve by 6:00pm. Confirmed food vendors include Kool Jim's Ice Cream Truck, MeatVentures, Relay Coffee, Rudy's and Urban Express.
Music runs roughly 7:00pm-9:00pm. August film screenings are set to begin as soon as it is dark enough (usually 8:30-9:00pm, weather permitting).
As always, bring a blanket, a chair… maybe even a ball to kick about. See you Sunday!